Sunday, June 14, 2009

some pictures at last!

I finally had a chance to upload some pictures!
I promise to be better about taking more of them so you can get a better glimpse of my time here.






There's a random one I took during my layover in Frankfurt when I took the train into town and walked around the riverfront. I was definitely in a jetlag daze that day but it was sunny and warm so it was a nice break during the many hours of flying.















And a few of Ollie, the feisty and adorable kitten that keeps me company and provides many laughs and a few unintended scratches. He (though I think it may be a she) is always trying to get on the table to take a nibble from whatever you're eating. We're trying to keep him off, but every once in a while he succeeds.

There's also a few of the house I'm living in. From the inside and one looking into the garden. It has a huge avocado tree that shades the swing you can see in the picture. I spent almost half of one Sunday sitting under it and reading a book. I forgot how wonderful it is to read for fun!! There's also a mini garden with lettuce and peppers. So I made a yummy salad the other night with avocado, the lettuce from the garden and some tasty, locally made feta cheese. You didnt' think I'd go a month without cheese, did you! haha. Yesterday, I found passion fruit in the market, yum!!




No comments:

Post a Comment